Sunday, July 6, 2008

Happy 4th!

This weekend we did a lot to celebrate the 4th of July (and our three day weekend). Friday we got up and went walking along the Rock Quarry Trail near the Science Museum.

We found a dinosaur! And a dog park. I like to point out dogs, and bark like them, but when it comes to petting dogs I think I'll pass.


Then we went to the Durham Fourth of July Children's parade, where we ran into Tiffany and Roland, Owen and his parents, and David from daycare and his parents. The whole premise is that you decorate your bike or wagon or stroller, then parade around the block. And there's a firetruck to crawl around in, although I was too shy to do it. But since we didn't have a bike or wagon or stroller, Mommy and Daddy decorated me! In addition to being patriotic, I was also easy to find in a crowd.

Saturday we bought me a bike helmet, so that we can start taking bike rides on the weekends.

And today we went to the Festival for the Eno, where I clapped to polka and celtic music, poked a frog repeatedly and giggled when he jumped, and skipped eating lunch so I could spin in a circle instead. It was fun!

No comments: