Wednesday, September 10, 2008

My Favorites

Here are my favorite things right now:

  • Buttons on electronics. I love to point to them, say "Buttons!" and then push them. Cellphones (I have several old ones of my own, plus I use Mommy's and Daddy's when I have the chance - I called Grandpa Don one day all by myself!), remotes, TVs, the stereo, my toy guitar, the microwave, the blender, wherever I can find them.
  • Puzzles. I really like the wooden ones with the big pieces. I'm getting really good at them!
  • Barney! One morning while pushing buttons on the TV I came across him singing. I love to sing too, so I quickly joined in. Now I have to watch him every morning, much to my parents' chagrin. I ask for him all the time, so they got me a video of him singing nursery rhymes with Mother Goose. We all have it memorized.
  • Cooking. Or, more to the point, dipping my spoon/hand/fork into whatever Mommy's making when she's not looking. I have a stool in the kitchen that I can quickly push over to wherever it's needed and hop up on, then slurp up all the goodies. I also like to take Mommy's pots and utensils when she's not using them and cook my own creations on my kitchen.
  • Fixing stuff. I especially like to unwind the tape measure. I also like to take the cordless drill and "fix" my vaccuum - pretend to unscrew the bottom so I can change the batteries.
  • Art. Everyday I draw or color a picture at daycare. I also like to draw with my bath crayons. Last night I even narrated - "line" as I drew a line, and "dot" as I made a dot.
  • Picture books. I love to point to the pictures and inform everyone of what they are. I really like ones with "ammuls" as I call them.

No comments: