Sunday, August 2, 2009

When I grow up

Before we moved we made one last trip to the Greensboro Children's Museum, which is probably my favorite kids' museum to go to. It's basically a big introduction to the adult world - each room has something grown-up to explore, from emergency vehicles to a construction site to a doctor's office.

The first room is the transportation room. There's a kid-sized train to pretend to drive. I put on my traveling hat and prepared to board.
As soon as the engine was empty, I stepped up and drove the train for awhile.
Then it was off to the emergency vehicle room. I desperately want to be a firefighter when I grow up (or "blow up," as I say it). I put on my coat and hat and gloves and drove the truck. This is the most awesome exhibit ever. I love to drive this truck all dressed up, turning on the working lights while saying, "WOAAAAA-WOAAAAAA" over and over and over.And yes, my hat is on backwards. I prefer it that way.
Next there was an emergency in the cop car. No time to change, so I hurried over and drove that too.
Next to the race car!
I then piloted an airplane. I didn't do so well, I guess, because Daddy and I needed to evacuate.
Next it was on to the tiny kids section, where I spent a good amount of time playing with this train. I love to get a train together and push it back and forth on the track.
After that I decided to try my hand at being a receptionist.
And a psychiatrist.
And a doctor. Daddy was a very good patient!
Being a doctor was hard work. I stopped in the nursery and fed a baby doll that was almost as big as me.
Working with kids isn't really my thing. Maybe I need something more manly, like construction.
Daddy read me a nice story about trucks. I love trucks!
Then after a hard day of career-searching, it was time to do some shopping for dinner.
As you can see, I'm leaning towards a career with something that goes. Typical boy!

No comments: