Monday, April 14, 2008

Zoo trip

On Sunday the weather was so beautiful that Mommy and Daddy took me to the zoo. We got there right when it opened, which was nice because there were no crowds since everyone was at church (one of the benefits of being heathens in the Bible Belt).


My favorite animal was the cougar - a big kitty! Probably because "kitty" is a word that I can say.
Daddy tried to feed me to a quail that kept saying "HI" in a really high-pitched squawk. I answered him back a couple times.I also really liked the vents in the desert dome. The air coming up created a nice breeze.


My absolute favorite part, however, came in the gorilla exhibit, which is set up as a research station.

I want to be a researcher when I grow up. You get to turn pages in books and open and close drawers - how fun is that!
One of the gorillas was playing dead (he wasn't actually dead though - he kept opening his eyes to look at everyone).
As we were leaving the gorilla exhibit, I saw a chimp that had gotten out and had to investigate - turns out he was a statue, but he was still fun to pet.
All the fun wore me out!

1 comment:

CandCFamily said...

Really like the vent picture!