Monday, October 22, 2007

Midwest tour

We just came back from a week-long trip to the Midwest. Here are the details.
We flew into Indy last Saturday morning. Mommy and Daddy are too cheap to get me my own seat, so they packed me in a checked suitcase. After they claimed me and the rest of our stuff, we drove to Bloomington, where we had lunch at the Trojan Horse, one of Mommy and Daddy's favorite restaurants when they lived there. We ate lots of yummy cheese par'er. They made us wait for a table because the only empty tables were in the bar area, and you can't sit there if you're under 21, even if you're only a baby who's obviously not going to order anything. Sheesh.Then it was on to Washington, to Daddy's cousin Ashley's wedding. Here she is with her husband Josh and their son Devin. I met tons of aunts and uncles and cousins, but I also had work to do.I inspected the tables for structural stability. Check! I also ate a lot of potatoes.

The next day, we drove to St. Louis. We stopped by Mommy's friend Heather's cute new house and met her parents. Then it was over to Mommy's aunt Mary's house for dinner with her kids and grandkids (and Heather too).
Aunt Mary had some cool toys to play with, including this Playschool school. I really liked spinning the merry-go-round and opening and closing the bathroom door and toilet lid.I didn't spend all day playing though; I had to check in with the office occasionally too.

Tuesday Grandma came down to visit, and we went to the St. Louis Science Center. It was so much fun!
I pretended to be a floodplain.
Daddy and I played a harp with infrared laser strings.
Mommy's a math dork, so she took a picture of the pi sign.I tried to build stuff.And Daddy tried to feed me to the animatronic tyranosaurus rex.
On Wednesday, we drove over to Kansas City to see Aunt Debbie and Uncle Dan. We went to a science museum there too, Science City.
Daddy and Aunt Debbie built an arch, because they're tall enough to reach the top.
Daddy and I consulted on how best to destroy the train set.
Daddy's legs magically disappeared in one of the exhibits.
Mommy and I flew a helicopter.
And Daddy tried to put me in a trash can (well, not really - it was actually a drumset, and he's helping me bang on it).
Friday night we went out to dinner for my birthday. I couldn't believe how expensive dinner was - and that they expected me, a little baby, to pick up the tab! We also celebrated my birthday with a cool new present and cake, but that'll be its own post.
Saturday before we left we played at Penguin Park.
All in all the trip was nice, but it was overwhelming! So many new people wanted to hold me and play with me, but I have a serious case of stranger anxiety right now. Plus, even though Mommy and Daddy tried, I was seriously off my schedule. Trips like this are nice, but next time we're just going to spend a week at home!

Oh yeah, and we're never again flying Southwest because their family policy is STUPID. No preboarding, so you better hope you're in group A or your family won't be sitting together. Stupid stupid stupid.

No comments: