Monday, October 1, 2007

Sick again

Today at daycare I wasn't feeling so great. I had a nasty cough, trouble breathing, and just overall lethargy, so my teachers called Mommy and Daddy to come get me. They took me to the doctors' office, where I was hooked up to a nebulizer AGAIN. I hate that thing so much! This time it took three people to get me to use it: Daddy held me and pinned my arms, Mommy held my head, and the nurse held the mask over my face. I really, really, really hate that thing. But it worked, which I guess is the good thing. The doctor diagnosed me with a croupy cough (again), as well as mild intermittant asthma. Basically, that means that I wheeze the air in and I wheeze it out, but fortunately not very often. He gave us a nebulizer to take home for me to use if I can't breathe well at night. He also said no one can smoke around me, which I think is great too because I don't like the smell! I'm on steroids for the next few days to open up my airways. Hopefully I'll be feeling and breathing better tomorrow!

2 comments:

Owen said...

Hope you feel better!!

Mary E. said...

Poor Jax! I would hate that thing too.