Saturday, March 1, 2008

Pneumonia?

I'd been feeling pretty good, healthwise, recently, so of course it's time to get sick again! Last night I felt so yucky that I fell asleep while sitting on Mommy's lap before dinner, something I haven't done for quite a few months. In the middle of the night I woke up with a really high fever and troubled breathing. Tylenol and xopenex didn't really help, but sitting outside for awhile on the deck did. After an hour and a half I was cool enough and breathing easily enough to get back to sleep, but when I woke up at seven it was all back. Mommy and Daddy took me to the doctors' office, where there was a thirty minute wait just to check in! Lots of sick little kids where there. Dr. Greene, who I saw last time I had breathing problems, said it was either a mucus clot in my left lung, or the beginning of pneumonia. Yuck! Either way, I'm on antibiotics that should clear it all up in a few days. Hopefully I won't miss any school next week!

No comments: