Friday, February 29, 2008

Grandma again

Grandma was here earlier this week. Her plane got in super late Friday night (or super early Saturday morning - it was 3:00 a.m.!), so Daddy was pretty tired Saturday after picking her up in the middle of the night. Stupid Airtran and Northeast snowstorms. Saturday we went shopping for new shoes for me, a present from Uncle Kyle. I got another spiffy pair of Striderites, velcro this time. He wanted me to get Air Jordans, but they didn't have any in my size, and since I'm still a little wobbly while walking, it's probably best that I have special shoes for just this stage.
While Daddy took a nap, Grandma, Mommy, and I went to Duke Park to play.
I went down the slides.
Monday Mommy took off early and we walked around Duke Gardens to flaunt our spring weather and flowers, like these tulips we found blooming.
We found some ducks getting their feet eaten by koi. Mommy held on really tight to me, because I really like ducks and water and wouldn't have minded going for a swim.
I also walked up all the steps in the terraced part of the gardens. I like walking!
Tuesday Grandma got me early from daycare. We had fun together. I showed off my tongue.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh, but they do have Air Jordans in your size. Rosco had a pair (because his father has 47 pairs of them). He hasn't had a pair since because I kind of think they're ugly.