Monday, June 2, 2008

Trip to the Quad Cities

Daddy, Mommy, and I went back to the Quad Cities again to visit Grandma, Grandpa, and Great-grandma.
We drove because we're crazy. The plan was for me to play for awhile (I got a new magnadoodle just for the trip!), then sleep while Mommy and Daddy drove all night, but I didn't want to miss the fun of watching the interstate in the dark so I didn't fall asleep until Frankfort, KY, around 1 am. But at least I wasn't whiny!

In addition to a really cool park that Daddy and I played at almost everyday, there's a kids' museum not too far from Grandma's house, so we went three times!
I hit the jackpot while no one was paying attention.
I drove a car with Grandpa.

We also went to the zoo with Grandpa.
I think they forgot to feed some of the animals.We rode a train.And an elephant.I loved the petting zoo most. I made friends with a baby goat who liked to lick my fingers! And on the subject of eating people, there were also big scary koi who tried to eat my shoe (I conveniently tried to stick it in the pond) and big scary geese who pecked at Daddy's shoe while he was just standing on the dock watching them.We saw a lot of my great-grandma this trip too. Mommy's on a genealogy kick and came home with 3 boxes of old pictures of relatives to sort through, so she was pretty happy.
Grandma had to show me off to all her customers. We went to a restaurant, It's on the River, and played on the dock afterwards.
Daddy held on really tightly! The Mississippi sure dwarfs any of those creeks they claim are rivers in North Carolina!

We took an extra day getting back because Mommy and Daddy were too tired to drive through the night. Unfortunately the best place to stop was Indianapolis but it was race weekend (the Indy 500), and since they'd already learned their lesson about trying to get a room in that city on that weekend, we detoured down to Terre Haute for the night. And wouldn't you know, I slept most of the next day during the drive! Daddy says we're not driving again until I'm six.

No comments: