Monday, October 6, 2008

Annual beach trip

We went to Kure Beach this past weekend for our annual beach trip.

Friday night after dinner we went walking on the pier. We saw a guy catch a fish that was bigger than me! Everyone stopped what they were doing to watch him land it, then cheered when they saw how big it was.

I didn't do so well with the going to bed part, partially because I don't fit so well in my pack-n-play anymore, so Mommy decided, since we were on vacation and she didn't want to have to sit in the dark while waiting for me to scream myself to sleep, that I could stay up as late as I wanted! I made it until 10 on Friday night and 9:30 on Saturday night, although the second night I could barely stand up, let alone walk straight, I was so sleepy.
Saturday we woke up to watch the sunrise over the ocean, then went to breakfast. I made several nice towers out of butter and cream containers, which nicely kept me occupied until the food arrived.After breakfast we went to the aquarium where I tried to feed the fish remnants of breakfast, mainly sugar packets I'd stuffed into my pockets.In the afternoon, after a long nap, Daddy and I played in the sand and water while Mommy napped in the sun. The water was pretty cold, too cold for swimming, but it was great for dipping your toes into as well as pointing at and saying, "Water!!"Sunday we'd planned on taking the ferry from Fort Fisher to Southport but Daddy and I weren't feeling all that great (yucky colds), so we got donuts instead and headed home where I got to watch my beloved Barney, whom I hadn't seen since Friday morning.

All in all, a very nice trip.

No comments: