Friday, October 23, 2009

I'm a big boy now!

Starting this spring, I began potty-training. At first it was just being put on the potty every 20-45 minutes, with little success. And then the move kind of set me back, since it was difficult with all the packing and unpacking and 28-hr car rides and exploring a new city to go on a regular basis.

When I started at my new school in late August, after a couple days there Mommy and Daddy and my teachers decided I should just wear underwear there. If reminded to go, I only had 2-5 accidents a week - not bad. By the end of September, I wasn't really having any accidents, so Mommy and Daddy decided to let (make) me wear underwear at home too instead of pull-ups. During the first week of October, it clicked! I started realizing when I needed to go, and I've only had ONE accident, at home OR school, since then (and that wasn't my fault - we were in the car and were unable to stop soon enough)!

I've also been waking up dry at night and asking to use the potty before I go to bed and after I wake up. I even woke up in the middle of the night to let Mommy know I had to pee, rather than going in my diaper! So for the past three days I've been wearing underwear fulltime. No more diapers! Yay me!

(Although I'd like to wear them - I told Mommy and Daddy, "Babies wear underwear and big boys wear diapers. I need a diaper!" They strongly disagreed.)

No comments: