Monday, October 12, 2009

Kansas City trip

For Labor Day weekend we went to Kansas City to visit Aunt Debbie and Uncle Dan. It's a loooooooong drive, so we split it into two days on the way down - halfway Friday night, then halfway Saturday morning.

Unfortunately Uncle Dan wasn't feeling well, so I didn't see much of him.

We went to a really cool farm/petting zoo place, Deanna Rose Children's Farmstead in Overland Park, Kansas. As soon as we arrived, I headed for the best part - the playground, of course. Because there aren't two separate playgrounds just a few blocks from my house, as well as one at school.
After spinning the steering wheel, going down the slide, and riding the duck, it was on to better things.
Goat lovin', of course!

We didn't stay in the goat pen very long though, because those things are aggressive, with a one-track mind focused on food (both the standard pellet type and the wallet type)!
Next was the tractors. I tried to ride one, but my legs were just a little too short.


Then I explored a teepee. After trying to pull it down (there was a rope hanging in the middle that I kept tugging on), it was off to climb on a big tractor, or Terrance, as I called him, because I call everything by its Thomas the Train name.
The best part of the trip though, hands down, was the hotel. I love hotels. I get to stay up late (Mommy and Daddy gave up on trying to get me to go to bed at a normal time during trips years ago), watch TV shows that we don't have at home (we don't have cable), and sleep in Mommy and Daddy's bed, and - best of all - I can go swimming! My idea of swimming is putting on my trunks, heading to the pool, and going as far in as my ankles - sometimes my knees. But at this hotel I actually went in. The hot tub temperature was set very low, so I splashed around in there and had tons of fun.

While it was a fun trip, and it was great to spend time with Debbie and Dan, next time we're definitely going to take more time. Ten hours of driving each way on a three-day weekend doesn't leave you much of an opportunity to enjoy your destination!

No comments: