Monday, January 28, 2008

Tantrum rate

This weekend, I averaged a tantrum about every twenty minutes.

Some causes:
  • not being able to play in the refrigerator
  • not crawling over to the refrigerator fast enough when it was opened
  • not being able to play in the dishwasher
  • not being picked up enough
  • not being put down fast enough
  • being nebulized
  • dropping pans on the floor which resulted in a loud noise
  • running out of things to drop on the floor which would result in a loud noise
  • running out of things to drop on the floor at all
  • pinching my fingers in drawers and cabinets
  • not being able to play with light switches as often as I wanted
  • being offered milk instead of juice
  • being offered juice instead of milk
  • having food fed to me instead of doing it myself
  • running out of food I wanted to eat
  • being offered food after I was done eating
  • being in the car
  • being taken out of the car and sat on the couch (this one also happens everyday when I get home from daycare)
  • shutting the gates on the stairs, only to realize I was on the wrong side
  • having the gates shut so I couldn't shut them myself
  • shutting the bathroom door, then being stuck in the dark unable to get out
  • having the bathroom door shut before I could get in to shut myself in
  • making me crawl to another room
  • any attempts to make me walk
  • not being able to climb over the couch
  • being yelled at for playing with the DVDs
  • not being allowed to play with Mommy's and Daddy's cellphones while they were talking on them
  • being allowed to play with Mommy's and Daddy's cellphones when they were done talking on them
  • not being the center of attention
  • being the center of attention when I wanted to play by myself.

I think that's most of it. Life would be so much easier if only Mommy and Daddy could read my mind. Being a toddler* is tough!

_______________________________

* If you go by age, I'm technically a toddler. If you go by my ability to toddle, I'm not, because I still stubbornly refuse to walk.

2 comments:

Owen said...

Wow, I am obviously a toddler too. This is pretty much my list exactly. Also add: being put in my carseat (except in the morning on the way to day care when, for some reason, I don't have any problem getting in the carseat).

Little Jax said...

I've found the best thing to do is to arch your back and flop around, and maybe lean forward to grab onto the seatbelt and not let go. And scream. Definitely scream.