Monday, April 23, 2007

Banishment

Since my umbilical cord fell off when I was about three weeks old, Mommy and Daddy have been giving me baths in a baby tub in the sink. I love my baths! They're part of my evening routine - dinner with Mommy and Daddy, solids for me (if I'm feeling cooperative!), bath, PJs, milk, story, sleep (again, if I'm feeling cooperative!). We only use soap every other night so my skin doesn't dry out. The other nights I get to splash around and chew on my rubber ducky. Well, Saturday night Mommy and Daddy decided that they had had enough. Not only did I kick water on the floor, but I also managed to get it all over the counters, window, wall, and parents. I made a HUGE mess! So, it was decided that my baby bathtub and I would be moved to the big bathtub. That way, when I kick like a motorboat, I won't make quite as big a mess.
Well, Sunday night was my first night in the big tub, and boy, did I prove Mommy and Daddy wrong! Mommy was pretty well drenched when I was through. I hunched myself down in the tub, as submersed in water as I could possibly get and kicked up a storm. Unfortunately Mommy sat me up before I could drink any of the water, so I just contentedly chewed on my duck and enjoyed my transition to the big tub.

No comments: