Thursday, April 26, 2007

Just a fluke?

I slept through the night last night! I've been sleeping longer and longer at night all week. Will I be able to do it again tonight? Mommy and Daddy sure hope so!

It all started Sunday night. Daddy realized that I'm "playing" Mommy. See, all mommies are wired to react when they hear their babies cry. I don't like sleeping by myself, so I figured out that if I cry enough at night, Mommy will come into my room and either rock me to sleep or, if she's tired enough, just take me back into her bed, where I can snuggle up to her like a little heat-seeking missile and kick her to my heart's content. Daddy caught on, though. He realized that I wasn't hungry, just manipulative, so he said, "No more." Sunday night I was left to cry in my crib for about twenty minutes before I fell asleep.

But:
  • Monday night I fussed for about two minutes, then went right to sleep and slept until 4:00.
  • Tuesday night I fussed for about 30 seconds, rolled around for about ten minutes, and then slept until 2:00. Someone stuck a pacifier back in my mouth and I went back to sleep until 5:00.
  • Wednesday night I didn't fuss at all. I went right to sleep at 7:30 and slept until 5:00!

I don't know what's helping me sleep through the night - the bubble bath that's "clinically proven to help babies sleep" that Daddy's been pouring into my bath, eating solids, or the new lady at daycare who seems to have a magic touch with babies - but whatever it is, Mommy and Daddy are happy and hope it continues!

No comments: