Sunday, April 29, 2007

Fussbutt

This past week, the teachers at daycare have noticed that I've been kinda cranky. Usually I'm outgoing and smiley and happy, but oh no, not this week. I cried and whined and was generally not a fun baby to be around at times. The reason? I'm getting my first tooth! It's a bottom right one, and it's just poking through my gums a little bit. After Mommy and Daddy noticed it, they gave me some baby Tylenol, which really helepd my mood, and some baby Orajel, which I HATED! I tried to spit it out, but seeing as how I can't spit yet, and it was rubbed on my gums, I didn't have much luck with that.

Despite being fussier than usual, I still had a pretty good weekend. Saturday Mommy and I went on our second playdate, with Owen and Rosco. Owen taught me a really fun noise, kind of like gargling, that I've added to my repertoire for when I'm tired and fussy (which has been a lot the last couple days!). We're on to pears now, and I LOVE them cold mixed with applesauce. Sunday morning Mommy had to give me seconds of them, I enjoyed them so much! She tried to sneak me peas and carrots instead, since they were already thawed and ready to eat, but I wouldn't have anything to do with them. I made my happy raptor noise (kind of a shriek, like, "Ahhhhhh-Eeeeeeeeeee-Ughhhhhhhhhhh") until my second helping of fruit was ready. On Sunday Mommy and I got up early (I refuse to sleep late on weekends) and went to Lowes to pick out flowers and vegetables. I helped her push the cart and put everything in it. I loved looking at all the bright flowers. Later in the day, I helped Mommy plant everything. I lay on a blanket and watched her. It felt so nice to be outside in the sun!

I'm hoping my new tooth comes in quickly, because I don't like being fussy. Plus, Daycare Tyler's grandma thinks he may be getting a tooth soon too, and I want to beat him! Not that growing up is a competition. But it's still nice to be hitting milestones before other babies!

No comments: