Monday, July 16, 2007

Independence!

I'm eating just about everything these days, including whatever Mommy and Daddy are having (I had my first real meal on the Fourth of July at Dale's Indian Restaurant - chicken masala with rice!). So now I've decided that if I'm going to eat the same food, I'm going to eat it the same way - myself! Last weekend at lunch, I grabbed the spoon from Mommy, and the food off the spoon (Mommy's Greek leftovers - rice and lamb with tzatziki sauce), and fed myself. Mommy tried to get the spoon back but soon realized the futility of her efforts, so she gave in and let me feed myself. Boy did I make a mess! Saucy rice is not something that should be eaten with your hands.
Mommy couldn't stop laughing at the rice stuck to my nose, which made me laugh, which made Mommy laugh more, which made me laugh more.... All meals should be this fun!
We learned our lesson by dinner though, and so I fed myself cooked carrots and potatoes while wearing only a bib and diaper. Mommy has been letting me feed myself at dinner from now on, as well as giving me whatever her and Daddy are eating. I'll stick to spoonfed baby food at daycare as long as that will last.
And here's one last picture of me eating. This time it's a breadstick. I have a feeling this is the last time I'll be eating on a carpeted area for a long, long time.

No comments: