Saturday, February 9, 2008

Duke Park

Our kitchen sink was leaking and made a big mess in the cabinets underneath, so while Daddy was ripping them out today, Mommy and I went to Duke Park to play. That place is awesome!

When we first got there and I saw the gigantic playground equipment, my eyes got really big and I couldn't stop grinning. First I played on the little kids' section. I climbed up the stairs, walked around the table in the little area at the top (holding onto it, of course), and then went down the slide several times, with Mommy holding onto me. Next I moved over to the huge big kids' equipment. I crawled up inside it, then went down the slide all by myself - head first! I certainly wasn't expecting that! Then I crawled over to the swings, mainly because I wanted to play with another little girl's push-behind ride-on car. I swung for a bit, and then when the car moved, I wanted down and chased after it.

We moved to the little section below the hill, where I climbed some more with some really cute girls who were totally flirting with me. I went down the slide here headfirst too!

At this point I was getting pretty hungry from all that playing, so we paused for a snack. Mommy made the mistake of bringing 4 pieces of the yummy Amish friendship bread Jaekob's mommy gave us, because I'll eat all of it if given the chance! In fact, I pulled the bowl out of the diaper bag and handed it to Mommy several times.

Next we went back up the hill, where I saw a realy friendly doggy. We did some more people watching. A little girl came over to me and kept hugging me, at which point Mommy decided it was time to go home.

Mommy forgot to bring the camera, so as soon as she has a chance she's going to go back to the park and take some pictures of it, so everyone can see how awesome it is!

1 comment:

Owen said...

We went there last weekend and it was fun. We almost went today too, but I was too busy being the grumpiest baby on the planet. When we went, Mommy and Daddy thought they could keep me down on the little baby playground at the bottom of the hill, but I was not interested in that and immediately walked up the hill. Amateurs.