Saturday, February 23, 2008

Not so good

I don't like my new room at daycare. All I've done for the past three days is cry and try to get back to my old room, with the teachers I've had for over a year and all my baby friends. Here are the problems:
  1. Although I like one of my new teachers, I'm not overly fond of the other one.
  2. Despite the doctor on Monday telling Mommy and Daddy that trying to make me walk would most likely lead to me not walk, my new teachers are making me walk all the time. I'm doing it (Friday I didn't crawl at all!), but it's only to walk from one door to the other to try to find a way back to my old room.
  3. My best friend Tyler, who moved to the toddler room several weeks ago, has been out sick all week. So I'm in a room with kids I hardly know, and I'm really shy when I don't know anyone. Plus I'm the youngest in the room. All the other kids are bigger and able to walk and talk.
  4. I'm sick, again, with a nasty cold.
  5. I don't get my pacifier anymore except for naps and bedtime.
  6. I can still hear, and sometimes see, my old teachers. Knowing that they're there is making it harder to transition.

Hopefully next week will be better!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Although the transition may sucketh, just think of the ~$10/week savings your mom gets for the room change. She can use that money to buy a whole tank of gas at the end of the month! Whee!

Little Jax said...

It's not so much that I'm saving them money as just not costing them more. Rates go up March 1st, and the new toddler room rate will be the old baby room rate. Only 4 more years till we're getting a free public education!

Owen said...

we start the transition next week. Today I was talking to a mom whose daughter used to be in O's class and who is currently in the room O is moving to. She said it was rough for her too. It sounds like it is rough for pretty much everyone. The woman who coordinates all of this at daycare said this is usually the hardest transition for the babies. Hopefully things get better soon!