Wednesday, June 13, 2007

More food commentary

I'm a budding food connoisseur, with very discriminating tastes. No, not really; I'll eat just about everything. Mommy keeps a spoon in the diaper bag so I can have some of whatever she's eating when we're at a restaurant. Saturday we went to the Thai Café with Heather. I had some of Mommy's rice with some kind of soysauce sauce on it. She couldn't shovel it into my mouth fast enough! Then on Saturday we went to Greek Fiesta (which is not a very good restaurant; Mommy wanted a gyro and Daddy wanted to go to Edward McKay in Raleigh, so since all of the good places serving Greek food were out of the way, we went there instead), where I had bits of a pita dipped in tzatziki sauce. Yum! For dinner that night Mommy gave me a bite of her mashed potatoes, but she wouldn't put gravy on them so I wouldn't eat them. Something about too much sodium, shutting down my kidneys, blah blah blah. I was too busy yelling and voicing my displeasure and hunger to listen. Coming up on the menu in the next week or two: special baby mac and cheese with my tiny pasta; baby hashbrowns; cheesy potatoes; and possibly some kind of fish. (Mommy made some tilapia and veggies with cheese sauce for me, but I didn't like it. But even Mommy agrees, the tilapia was overly fishy smelling, and she's not sure she'd want to eat it either. Daddy was happy because he hates fish.) If you have any suggestions for more meals, let us know! Mommy's making all my food, so we're open to trying just about anything.

3 comments:

Elizabeth F. said...

Hi, I'm in NC as well. Rocky Mount to be exact. Not by choice, but for a job. I lived in Raleigh a few years back and went to St. MAry's and Meredith Colleges. I was just blogging around and found you!

My little guy just LOVES avacados. I mean LOVES them! He eats at least one a day. I just scoop it out and slice it up. But, I bet you could mash it for your baby. And there's a great cookbook called "The Sugar-Free Toddler" that has lots of great snack foods for him as he gets older. All sweetened with applesauce or honey and other things.

Owen said...

I still don't know how I feel about SOLIDS. Mommy made me some sweet potatoes and some carrots yesterday. I already have been eating sweet potatoes from a jar in my cereal at school, but I had never had them all by themselves and homemade by Mommy. They were pretty good once I got into it. Carrots on the other hand... not a big fan! Mommy thought she could fool me because they were orange too but I'm no dummy.

Anonymous said...

When Hannah was a baby we gave her sugar-free vanilla or banana pudding as an occasional treat. She loved them. And she LOVED (and still does) any kind of rice. I used to puree broccoli and mix it in with brown or white rice (sounds gross, I know, but she loved it...but be prepared for nasty diapers with that one.) -Kelly