Monday, June 25, 2007

Trip to Evansville, day one

We just got back from a long weekend in Evansville, IN, the town where Mommy and Daddy went to college. Here's what happened...

Our flight was pretty early Thursday morning. Mommy thought she'd have problems going through security with all my homemade baby food, but the TSA guy let us through ok. I slept most of the flight to Louisville, then played with the man next to Daddy the rest of it (fortunately it was only an hour-long flight). We picked up our rental car and drove the two hours to Evansville (I slept most of this too), where we checked into the hotel. I played and rolled some, and then we drove to Washington, IN, where Daddy lived as a teenager. Parts of Indiana don't observe daylight savings time, so we weren't sure what time it was there exactly, and we ended up with an hour or so to kill before we were supposed to go to dinner with my great-aunt Patty. Daddy pushed me on swings for a bit in the big town park. I'm still not sure if I liked it or not.
I can tell you one thing I don't like though - the park bathrooms! They were dark and echo-y and scary, and my diaper change took wayyyyyy too long. Fortunately, it was soon time to go to dinner. We met Aunt Patty at her house and then went to the best restaurant in the entire world - the Black Buggy, an Amish buffet. Aunt Patty held me while Mommy and Daddy finished eating. Mommy won - she ate two full plates plus pie, while Daddy only had one plate plus pie. I can't wait till I can eat all the yummy food there too!

After dinner, we drove back to Evansville and picked up the pack-n-play we were borrowing from Daddy's friend Kelly. At this point it was way past my bedtime, so we went back to the hotel and tried to get me to sleep in my own bed. No such luck. Mommy and Daddy eventually gave in and let me sleep with them in the king-sized bed, although when I was fast asleep they snuck me into the pack-n-play. No fair.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hope you had fun in Evansville, Baby Jax!

btw, its super cool that a baby is blogging. ;-)