Friday, June 1, 2007

First hotel

APPCNC, the organization that Daddy works for, just had its annual conference in Greensboro (about an hour or so away). Mommy's car conveniently decided to stop working reliably, so with Daddy out of town for a few days, Mommy decided to work at home (with me) Thursday and Friday so she wouldn't be stranded on the side of the road. Daddy took pity on us and Thursday afternoon, Day 2 of him being out of town, he missed one of his sessions to come pick us up so we could join him in his free hotel room. I had so much fun there!

That night, we went out to dinner with all of Daddy's coworkers, and afterwards Mommy and I went to the mall that's right next to the convention center to try to find Mommy a new swimsuit. However, we agreed that $45 is way too much to pay, so we gave up and went back to the hotel. This is where the fun began!

This is me about an hour past my usual bedtime and half an hour into Mommy trying to get me to sleep. I decided that I didn't need sleep; I needed to roll! Mommy made me a really cool spot to sleep, complete with fluffy pillows on all sides. And what do you do to fluffy pillows? Why, you kick them and hit them and drool on them, of course! At one point when Mommy told me to go to sleep, I just lifted my head up and laughed at her! Eventually, however, I fell asleep, around 9:00. I never get to stay up that late at home! I woke up around 11:00, just as Mommy and Daddy were going to bed, so they decided to let me sleep with them. Never again, they say! Something about me rolling around too much, kicking them in the stomach, punching them in the throat, gurgling, no one getting much sleep...

The next morning after breakfast and my morning nap (during which Mommy worked on auditing disposition reports, just like she would have if we had been at home), we went swimming! I wore the Little Swimmers diapers Grandma gave me in my Easter basket, as well as my swim trunks, both of which were just a bit too big for me. At first I wasn't too sure about the water. Mommy held onto me and let me float around. We splashed around some, and she dunked me under water, which I did NOT like. Daddy came out during a break to watch us and take pictures, and by that time I'd decided I really liked this giant bathtub. I started splashing some myself, instead of Mommy helping me do it, and I managed to drink a lot of water, just like I do in my bathtub at home. We didn't play for too long though, because all that exercise made me tired and hungry. We're going to be staying at another hotel in a few weeks; I hope it has a pool too! (And Mommy and Daddy hope it has a crib they can rent to stick me in; we'll see!)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, comment spam in Portuguese. Er...

I was looking at little baby swim trunks for Rosco this past week since we have some beach time coming up in the future. I'm sure my child will be far too modest to putter around in just a swim diaper, so I better get cracking.

I still have a very nice maternity two-piece tankini that I can wear myself. It has just enough give to hide the paunch.

Lisa said...

i am glad i'm not the only one still wearing my maternity tankini. i have another bathing suit that, while it mostly fits, does NOT fit my new breastfeeding boobage. it is obscene. so i am sticking with the maternity one for now.

Little Jax said...

Ok, so we Babelfished the Portuguese comment, and it says (keep in mind, Babelfish isn't always the most accurate), "Oi, I found yours blog for google tá well interesting I liked this post. When to give gives passed for mine blog, is on personalized t-shirts, shows step by step as to create a well personalized t-shirt way. Until more." So, if you want a personalized Portuguese shirt, you now know where to get it!