Monday, May 14, 2007

Busy, busy week

A lot happened last week...
Daddy and I went to the doctor on Monday for my six month checkup. It's hard to believe I'm that old already, isn't it? The doctor said I was doing really well. I'm in the 95th percentile for head size, 75th for length (27 inches), and 25-50th for weight (15 lbs 11 oz). Basically, I'm a beanpole with a big fat head. That also explains why I have to take breaks when playing on my tummy so I can rest my head - it's huge! I made a new friend! Sappho, one of our cats, really likes me. Or at least tolerates me. She comes up next to me and lets me pet her, and doesn't even mind that I'm a bit rough! Monday night, I rolled over to play with her. Mommy was watching very carefully to make sure Sappho didn't hurt me. Now, if I can just win over the other three cats. Grandpa came for a visit! He was here Monday night through early Saturday morning. He drove down from Illinois and helped Mommy and Daddy build a new screened in deck. It'll be really nice when it's all done. Grandpa usually helps with some sort of home improvement project while he's here. Maybe I'll be big enough to help next time. I'm rolling. A lot. Mommy and Daddy have to be really careful about where they leave me, because I'll get into anything and everything. Sunday night I rolled around and fell out of the swing! Fortunately Mommy was sitting right next to me and caught me before I hit the ground. Looks like that was my last time in the swing!
Saturday afternoon, Daddy and I watched Superman Returns. Mommy is concerned because I'll stop playing with my toys so I can watch TV.
And finally, yesterday was Mother's Day. I made Mommy a card and flower at daycare. She had no idea I was so talented! For her Mother's Day present, Daddy took care of me when I woke up and let Mommy sleep in. She said it was exactly what she wanted!

No comments: