Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Expressions

Now that I'm rollier and more curious about getting into everything around me, I need to be contained. Mommy bought me an Exersaucer, and I LOVE it. It makes fun (annoying) "Boing-boing-boing" sounds when I bounce on it. It has cool toys for me to spin and push and hold on to. And, most importantly, it has a tray for my Cheerios.
I'm having some problems with my Cheerios. I love them and can't get enough - which is the problem. I can pick them up, and I can put them in my mouth, but I can't seem to let go of them so they STAY in my mouth. So, I just throw them down and try again with different ones. The cats love having me around since they get to eat all those that I've dropped on the floor. Once (if) I get the Cheerio in my mouth, I'm not sure what to do with it. I gum it until it dissolves, all the while making a face as if it's the yuckiest thing ever. But then after it's gone, I'll immediately try to eat another one.
I've outgrown several of my baby reflexes - I no longer turn my head towards you if you rub my cheek, and I don't flail my arms when you pick me up or set me down. But I have a new one: whenever I see someone about to take a picture of me, I close my eyes! Mommy usually has to take about five or six pictures to get one good one of me. Mommy wanted to get a picture of me wrestling with a toy Daddy wrapped around my neck, and it took a good couple minutes of her clicking the button while saying, "Smile for Mommy, Jax! Look at the camera!" It's a good thing we have a digital camera!

1 comment:

Owen said...

hahahah! i also have an exersaucer which makes many and varied annoying noises. i haven't tried cheerios yet but i can't wait!